2020 HR Summit Speaker Lineup Includes
World-class speakers brought to you virtuallly across the Northstate
2020 HR Summit Agenda
8:30 am - 9:30 am | Welcome
Opening Remarks & Fun Nuggets of Helpful Info
9:00 am - 10:15 am | Managing a Remote Workforce in a COVID-19 World
Jeanine DeBacker, Attorney with McPharlin Sprinkles & Thomas LLP
In this session, Jeanine will discuss the need for your managers to adjust their thinking when it comes to managing remote employees. Managers are still the “touch point” with employees that employers need. Managers ensure that work gets done, but also that employees’ rights are protected. We’ll talk about how this may be different when people are meeting in the office daily. Fair employment, leaves of absence and other laws have not been revised in any way in light of COVID restrictions. And neither have wage and hour laws! So… in this session, we’ll also have a bonus discussion of hot topics in wage and hour law, including the intersection of social distancing protocols mandated by state and local public health authorities and the impact on employees who have returned to a work place.
10:15 am - 10:30 am | Break
Opportunity to stretch, get in your steps and learn more about our sponsors
10:30 am - 11:45 am | How to Communicate when Tensions Run High
Jason Hedge, Human Resource Consultant with BBSI
Conflict brings tension and adds stress and discomfort. But the flip side of every problem is an opportunity to learn, grow and overcome.
Discover the five skills to open lines of communication, reduce anxiety and build bridges to increase cooperation and connection.
11:45 am - 12:00 pm | Premier Sponsors
Learn about our premier sponsors
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm | Lunch/Networking/Sponsors
Opportunity to eat, connect with fellow professionals, stretch, and learn more about our sponsors.
12:45 pm - 1:30 pm | Breakout Sessions – Let’s Share Ideas
Discussion about Hot Topics/Best Practices in HR with your peers let by our Breakout Facilitators
1:30 pm - 2:45 pm | Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
Trisha Zulic, CalSHRM State Director
A conversation and look at how HR can navigate so much with so little time. Oh and by the way there’s a pandemic going on as well. Have you felt like you are working more now than ever? Do you feel like there is no such thing as work/life balance? As HR professionals our work never seems to be done and we work hard to put processes and procedures in place to mitigate the risk to our organizations. Many times, to no avail! Our leadership team does what the leadership team wants to do and we once again shake our heads in disbelief. Well our time as come to be the change! The how is the hardest and let’s talk about how this can work for you in your company for your future, for you sanity and manage the next level of Jumanji.
Trisha is ready to help you learn:
- How to balance work/life now
- Social conversations at work how, when, why
- How to create an outline for a better workplace for a better world
Want to learn more about Trisha click on the link. https://trishazulic.com
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm | Break
Opportunity to stretch, get in your steps and learn about our sponsors
3:00 pm - 4:15 pm | Secrets to Building Trust in Your Organization
Rachel Freemon Sowers, CEO Rachel Freemon Sowers
Building trust with employees is one of the biggest challenges businesses can face. It is that fine line between empathy, compassion, helping employees fulfill expectations and keeping the business viable and profitable. After all it is people that help us serve your customers. During this time together we will be exploring both practical and soft skills that will allow you to strike a balance with your employees and produce greater revenue and profitability in your business. We will be touching on the following topics:
- The relationship between trust and employee investment.
- Know what to say every time and in any situation.
- The difference between intuition and fear and how to recognize it in your employees.
- Increasing confidence through awareness and self- trust.
- Tools and skills to better handle and process the uncertainty that every company is dealing with right now. www.rachelfreemonsowers.com Facebook: Rachel Freemon SowersInstagram: Rachel Freemon Sowers
4:15 pm - 4:30 pm | Wrap Up
Thank you to our speakers, sponsors, and all our volunteers for making this event a success.
Continually Supporting our HR Community
Here are just a few of the ways we support our HR community and provide help and support:
- Maintaining your HR network to connect professionals from all industries
- Provide professional development in the form of monthly chapter meetings and certification courses
- Facilitate mock interviews for high school students, college students and professionals in career transition
- Offer mentoring opportunities for new professionals
- Host study groups for those looking to certify as PHR/SPHR/CA
- Resume review for those searching for career placement
- Free job postings for HR and Office management positions
- Legislative updates for Federal and State laws
- Access to the SHRM toolkits for the workplace as well as the vast information vault SHRM provides for all members
REFUNDS: If you need to cancel your registration your request must be received in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. One hundred percent (100%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 10/01/20. Refunds will not be granted after 10/01/20 nor will they be given for no-shows. Credits will not be issued towards future events.
SUBSTITUTIONS: If you need to send a substitute please submit the information in writing and email it to email@example.com by 9/28/20. We will also process substitutions onsite at the registration tables. If a SHRM member transfers his/her registration to a non-member the non-member must do one of two things: pay the difference between the member and non-member price at the time of the transfer or become a SHRM member at the time of the transfer.