Have a current HR position that you would like to post on NorthstateSHRM.org? Submit it HERE
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
LOCATION: Chico, California
PAY RANGE: $26.44 – $36.65 per hour
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Located in Chico, CA, our client is a successful industrial equipment manufacturer in search of an experienced Human Resources Generalist. Established over 40 years ago and with clients throughout the world, this firm has more than 100 employees and continues to grow while maintaining the high quality standards they are known for. This position is ideal for an experienced Human Resources Generalist with the desire to be involved in developing a growing HR department.
How will you have an impact? With guidance from the Human Resources Manager, you would work relatively independently, performing the day-to-day tasks necessary to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and occupational health and safety.
• Recruitment & Onboarding: Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants including background check and employee eligibility verifications; collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; conducts new hire orientations.
• HR Interface: Serves as a primary point of contact and resource for applicants, employees, and supervisors to address employment-related inquiries and referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff. Addresses employees’ inquiries such as family leave, workers compensation, and employee grievances. Responds to employment verification requests
• Employee records management: Collects, maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, safety etc. and processes paperwork for all functional areas according to established procedures.
• Benefits Administration
• Training Records Management: reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, and continuing education including safety training, anti-harassment training, and certifications.
• Employee Wellness Programs
• B.S. in Human Resources or equivalent education/experience
• At least 3-5 years of human resources experience preferred
• SHRM or HRCI certification a plus
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• HRIS experience is required (ADP Workforce Now experience is preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills required
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook preferred
• Proficient with Adobe Acrobat preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
In addition to competitive pay, our client offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurances (company pays 85%-90% of total premium for employees and their dependents), Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Allevity Recruiting & Staffing is a division of Allevity Employer Solutions with locations in Chico and Sacramento, CA. We are proud to be part of a legacy built over 40 years ago. Our success as a Direct-Hire and Executive Recruiting firm is built upon having a deep footprint in our community. Our recruiters have knowledge of competitive salaries and numerous motivating factors relevant to the north valley area.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your application (including your resume) online through this link Allevity HR Generalist. Prospective applicants with questions about this position before applying may contact the managing recruiter directly: email@example.com All inquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.