Have a current HR position that you would like to post on NorthstateSHRM.org? Submit it HERE
JOB: Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: Chico, California (on site)
JOB STATUS: FT/Non-Exempt
PAY RANGE: $23.08 – $37.50/hour
Allevity Recruiting & Staffing is in search of a Human Resources Generalist for our client – a well-established and successful industrial equipment manufacturer located in Chico, CA. Established over 40 years ago and with clients throughout the world, this firm has more than 100 employees and continues to grow while maintaining the high quality standards they are known for. This position is ideal for an experienced Human Resources Generalist with the desire to be involved in developing a growing HR department.
HOW WILL YOU HAVE AN IMPACT?
With guidance from the Human Resources Manager, you would work relatively independently, performing the day-to-day tasks necessary to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and occupational health and safety.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Recruitment & Onboarding:
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants including background check and employee eligibility verifications
• Collaborates with department managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; conducts new hire orientations.
• Serves as a primary point of contact and resource for applicants, employees, and supervisors to address employment-related inquiries and referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
• Addresses employees’ inquiries such as family leave, workers compensation, and employee grievances
• Responds to employment verification requests
Employee records management:
• Collects, maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, safety etc. and processes paperwork for all functional areas according to established procedures.
Training Records Management:
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, and continuing education including safety training, anti-harassment training, and certifications.
Employee Wellness Programs
• B.S. in Human Resources or equivalent education/experience
• SHRM or HRCI certification a plus
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• At least 2-3 years of progressively responsible human resources experience
• HRIS experience is required (ADP Workforce Now experience is preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills required
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Proficient with Adobe Acrobat preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
In addition to competitive pay, our client offers an excellent benefit package including:
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurances (company pays 85%-90% of total premium for employees and their dependents)
• Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation (2 weeks)
• Paid sick leave (6 days)
• 401(k) retirement plan
For immediate consideration, applicants may apply via the link below or email the recruiter directly
Human Resources Generalist
Questions about the position may be emailed to the managing recruiter:
Chris Mullins, Recruiting Manager
Allevity Recruiting & Staffing
Review of applications and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
About Allevity Recruiting & Staffing
Formerly known as Anderson & Associates, Allevity Recruiting & Staffing is part of the Allevity Employer Solutions organization, serving businesses and job seekers throughout the North valley. Our success comes from over 40 years of industry experience and serving the best interests of our candidates. We understand that your privacy is important and hold all candidate information in the strictest confidence. Allevity will not present your resume or information to any company or individual without first contacting you to determine your level of interest and to gain your permission to do so.