Have a current HR position that you would like to post on NorthstateSHRM.org? Submit it HERE
POSITION: Human Resources Director
LOCATION: Redding Office
HOURS: Full Time Position – 39 hours per week
SALARY & BENEFITS:
$7,812.68 – $9,579.58 per month. Complete package of fringe benefits including vacation and sick leave, health/dental/vision insurance, 17 paid holidays, and CalPERS retirement.
JOB SYNOPSIS & QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY:
Professional/Confidential class position under supervision of the Executive Director plans, manages and coordinates the full scope of Far Northern Regional Center’s Human Resources functions, services and responsibilities to ensure compliance with legal mandates. Incumbent administers the agency’s HR program, including staff recruitment and selection, compensation, benefits, and employee relations; performs administrative analytical and related tasks. Supervises HR and other select staff. Duties include coordination of recruitment; administration of employee benefit plans; participation in labor negotiations; research, analysis and report preparation; orientation/training of new staff; maintaining H.R. statistics/reports using HR databases and tracking systems; administers HR policies and procedures, collective bargaining agreement, as well as relevant State and federal laws; ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL and Workers’ Compensation management. Maintains confidential personnel records in accordance with applicable law and best practices. Performs other related work as assigned. Requires BA or BS degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Human Resources, personnel psychology or a closely related field and five years of professional experience in human resources administration. PHR, PHR-CA, SPHR, CP or SCP Certification (California) eligibility strongly preferred. Experience in a union environment recommended. Employment Law experience preferred.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Far Northern Regional Center -or- FAX: (530)222-0104
Attn: Personnel Administrator
P.O. Box 492418
Redding, CA 96049-2418
OR APPLY ONLINE https://www.farnorthernrc.org/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Human Resources Manager
Ted Pella, Inc. designs, manufactures and sells instruments and supplies for those in science and industry who use microscopes in research and production. We are seeking a Human Resources Manager to oversee all Human Resources activities, functions and development. This position reports directly to the President of the Company. This person will work closely with leadership and provide guidance and counsel on a regular basis.
Standard schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm; additional hours may be necessary as needed.
This is a full time exempt, in-person position. Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience. This position includes medical (100% company paid for employee coverage), dental (100% company paid for family coverage), vision (75% company paid for employee coverage), 401(k) plan with company match, paid vacation, sick, and holiday time.
About Ted Pella, Inc.
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 54 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a family-owned and operated company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com.
About the Location
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life with plenty of shopping, restaurants and culture, nestled within an incredible rural recreational setting. https://www.visitredding.com/
To apply please send a cover letter, a complete resume and your salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Final candidates must successfully pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen and background check. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Human Resources Director
Growing Shasta County company looking for a motivated, experienced HR/Payroll Specialist. Reporting to the HR Director, the duties of the Specialist include being the first point of contact for the HR department, entering new hires, changes, and terminations into the payroll system, processing bi-weekly payroll, enrolling employees in group benefits, maintaining employee files, conducting new hire orientations, and participating in upcoming technology implementations. A successful Specialist will be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality, prepare accurate reports and spreadsheets, work effectively cross-departmentally, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and take on additional tasks as required.
The job will start as part-time, 30 – 40 hours per week, and move to fulltime as business dictates.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employees will receive consideration for fulfilling the essential functions of this job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Status: Full-time, Salaried-Exempt
Location: Chico, CA (onsite)
Reports to: President
Allevity Recruiting & Staffing is in search of an experienced Human Resources Manager for our client – a successful industrial equipment firm with locations throughout the North valley. The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for directing and leading employee activities within the company from both an operational and strategic perspective. Day-to-day functions and responsibilities will include staffing; administering pay, benefits, and leave; employment law compliance, and enforcing company policies and practices. In addition, this key role will work closely with leadership to maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources such as: creation of learning and development programs that provide internal development opportunities for employees, staying abreast of best practices that foster employee engagement, creating rewards programs to support the core values of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Recruitment and Hiring
• Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
• Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, pre-screening, interviewing and hiring of qualified applicants
Compensation and benefits
• Administers payroll
• Manages all employee benefit programs, such as health insurance, vacation and 401K
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees through a performance management program
• Creates a rewards program to support the core values of the company
• Assists in planning company events, i.e., summer picnic, winter party, anniversary celebration
Labor Law Compliance
• Ensures job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all federal, state and local regulations
• Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
• Maintains knowledge of regulatory changes and employment law
Support and Enforce Company Policies
• Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized and sensitive questions and issues arise
• Oversees and executes routine reasonable accommodations, employee disciplinary meetings, investigations and terminations
Knowledge of Trends in Human Resources and Talent Strategies
• Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning
• Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
• Stays abreast of trends, best practices, new technologies in Human Resources, and talent management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
• A minimum of three (3) years of human resources management experience
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Ability to learn new HRIS and talent management systems quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate, and to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
• Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time for the job
• Valid CA Driver’s License
• Contingent upon post-offer background check
Health Insurance – Company pays 75% of employee premium for medical benefits. Medical coverage for dependents is available and paid by the employee. Voluntary Vision and Dental is also available.
401(k) available after one year of employment
Vacation – after 1 year of service, employee accrues 5 days, 2 to 4 years: 10 days, 5+ years: 15 days
Paid Holidays – 7
Paid Sick Leave – standard 3 days (24 hours) of company-paid sick leave
For immediate consideration, applicants may apply via the following link:
Human Resources Manager-Allevity R&S
Questions about the position may be emailed to the managing recruiter:
Chris Mullins, Recruiting Manager
Allevity Recruiting & Staffing
Review of applications and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
Formerly known as Anderson & Associates, Allevity Recruiting & Staffing is part of the Allevity Employer Solutions organization, serving businesses and job seekers throughout the North valley.
Our success comes from over 40 years of industry experience and serving the best interests of our candidates. We understand that your privacy is important and hold all candidate information in the strictest confidence. Allevity will not present your resume or information to any company or individual without first contacting you to determine your level of interest and to gain your permission to do so.