Urgently Hiring: Human Resources Manager / Senior Manager
Are you a seasoned HR leader looking for a team that truly supports a positive and engaging workplace culture? Would you like to work with a dynamic, energetic group of like-minded HR professionals? DigitalPath is looking to quickly hire a highly talented and experienced HR Manager or Senior HR Manager!
Reporting to the Director of People Operations, the HR Manager / Senior HR Manager will play a key role in our 5-person People Operations team dedicated to the continual improvement of our employee experience and workplace culture. You will have a wide range of support that includes your management team, the HR team, specialized training, 1-on-1 guidance, and resources via CalChamber and SHRM.
If you are the ideal candidate, you are a seasoned HR leader who has a genuine care for people, strong skills and intuition, and you find it very rewarding to put in the work necessary to continually improve the workplace culture. A strong background in Recruiting is desired.
Some of our additional “wish list” items for this position: Experience with Paycom, ETP Program, Electronic DMV Pull Program, Benefit Administration, and familiarity with LMS platforms.
Minimum Essential Duties – Human Resources Manager / Senior Manager
Your level of familiarity, duration of experience, and proficiency count will determine Manager vs. Senior Manager level. Items designated with * below are currently duties for which you will have full cycle responsibility until others on the team are successfully cross-trained.
- *Talent Acquisition: Manages the ATS and recruiting processes (sourcing, recruitment, interviewing, offer, onboarding). Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for Fill-in at any point of the process with a high level of competency.
- *Benefits: Manages employee benefit programs including insurance, 401(k), life insurance, ETP, company scrip, and reimbursement Open enrollment, benefit reconciliations, and benefit audits.
- *Workers Comp: Full management of Workers Compensation cases, including follow- up, documentation, recordkeeping.
- Compensation: Analyzes trends in compensation, benefits, and leave; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top
- Workflows: Ensures deadlines and functions of HR are on-time and on-track for both day-to-day activities and special projects.
- Policies and Procedures: Enforces company policies, practices, and Ensures HR SOP’s are current. Stays current on the latest laws, regulations, and best practices related to HR and proposes changes in a timely manner.
- Employee Experience: Assists managers and HR staff with difficult employee situations, managing employee discipline, reviews, terminations, investigations, Ensures reviews, raises, and employee check-ins are on-schedule. Escalates sensitive matters to the Director of People Operations. This may involve occasional off-site travel locally or out-of-area.
- Learning & Development: Works with the Corporate Trainer to recommend and facilitate training for management and Ensures tracking systems and reporting are consistently being utilized as required. Ensures ETP processes and reporting are on-track and well-maintained.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Manages D&I and Harassment Prevention training initiatives with the support of the Corporate Ensures trainings are timely and on-schedule, and that D&I initiatives are carried through to completion.
- People Strategy: Partners with the Director of People Operations and other companyleaders to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, training, retention, and succession planning.
- Morale: Engages regularly with employees and management across various teams to build and maintain Manages employee morale programs and makes recommendations to improve morale. Implements approved initiatives.
- General Support: Provides guidance and assists HR staff, trainers, safety personnel, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues Escalates sensitive matters appropriately to the Director level or above.
- Leave/ADA/Medical/etc.: Ensures proper leave policies and practices are in place and being followed by managers and HR staff. Directly handles more complex leave matters, escalating upward as Ensures compliance with ADA and directly handles reasonable accommodations and other ADA matters.
- Investigations: Leads investigations as needed, which may include injuries/accidents, misconduct, complaints, harassment/discrimination/retaliation, and other employment matters. Knows when to involve others and properly escalates. Writes investigation scope and summary documents to present to the Director or
- Filing/Organizing/Admin: Manages administrative functions and staff within the Human Resources department. Ensures filing and retention practices are aligned with company policies and systems, recommending changes as Ensures filing/organizing is current and in good order for all HR-related data (both physical and digital).
- Compliance: Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance and offers recommendations in a timely manner. Manages unemployment responses, documentation, reconciliation, communication, and
- Growth: Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment
- Cover: Able to cover downward for any absence or vacancy on the HR team if Also able to cover employee administrative functions for departments that have a leadership gap (Example: R&D dept. works directly with our CEO, so currently you would review timecards and punch change requests for our R&D department).
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Human Resources Manager:
- Recruits, interviews, recommends hiring, and trains new staff within the
- Oversees the daily workflow of the
- Provides constructive and timely performance
- Discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications – Human Resources Manager:
- Must possess impeccable integrity and honesty, and demonstrate a strong work
- A combination of certification (SHRM/HCRI), Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Human Resources or related field are 6+ years of human resources experience with increasing responsibilities is desired.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to drive a company
- Must maintain an active and valid driver’s license with no more than 1 point (or CA equivalent of 1 point), no DUI’s on record, and no at-fault
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Maintain a genuinely positive attitude, especially when interacting with employees
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to pass a non-arduous physical for job conditions listed Ability to pass an arduous physical is desirable, if possible.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate or escalate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software (365/Teams preferred).
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Job Conditions – Human Resources Manager:
- Sit and twist (neck or waist) for extended periods of time 8 or more hours per
- Frequently walk/stand/bend/squat (3-6 hours per day).
- Occasionally climb/kneel/crawl (up to 3 hours per day).
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 15 , or up to 55 lbs. if passing an arduous physical.
- Able to traverse all locations within the workplace and assigned
- Constant use of hands 6-8+ hours per day including repetitive use, simple grasping, fine manipulation, and
- Frequent use of hands (up to 6 hours per day) including power grasping, pushing, pulling, and reaching (both above and below the head)
Compensation – Human Resources Manager:
Starting pay $70-75k for Manager level, $80k starting pay for Senior Manager level, DOE. This is a full-time on-site exempt position. Starting pay will vary based on your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. All job offers are contingent upon applicant passing a post-offer pre- employment background check, physical, and drug/alcohol screening.
Benefits Include: Group Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Reimbursement Program, Free Residential Internet Service (if you reside in the coverage area), 401k – currently 4% employer match, PTO (Paid Time Off), Employee Assistance Program, and Holiday Pay. To help offset COVID concerns, we are temporarily making Group Medical insurance available on the 1st of the month after your start date. Our facilities include an on-site cafeteria with company lunches/parties, and a dedicated game room. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Amy or Tim via email@example.com. Apply at https://digitalpath.breezy.hr/p/ad5f01b87cf4-human-resources-manager.